Monday 12 December 2011

My Logo Design in which I created.

Today I have created another new typography design. The design in which I have created is for our title sequences opening shot.

Our opening shot shall be of our production name, and our production name is:
"Star Productions".

Where has Star productions come from?

We as a group came up with the name of Star productions in one simple step. This simple step being that we all merged the first initial of our names together. After we merged our first initials together, the name Star popped up!
For instance:
  • S - Sam
  • T - Tolga
  • A - Alex
  • R - Ryan

Below is the logo in which I created on my own. I decided to create a logo for our production name, mainly because we needed one, and I thought seeing as I am a huge part of this group, I need to do my fair share.

I managed to create this logo by visiting the popular text website 'Dafont.com'. After this, I then carefully chose what texts I would like in my logo. I then chose the text fonts and styles in which I liked, and I then extracted them into Adobe Photoshop.




















What I like about the Production logo in which I created?
  • Although the colours are basic, the black and white theme fits in with the genre of our film, mainly because our genre (Psychological Thriller) is associated with dark and bleak colours.
  • The text type in which I have used resembles a Russian look. This therefore makes the logo more meaningful.
  • The design around the lettering is attractive. For example, it's not a common style in which is seen a lot. I must also admit that each letter in my logo also resembles a 'Star look'. Therefore my logo looks even more eye-catching as each style fits in with each theme.
What I dislike about the logo I created?
  • My logo overall seems very modern and recent; however our title sequence and film idea is set in the 1950's. Therefore, the two don't relate back to each other. However my logo, still has the classic look in which is beneficial.
Will my group and I use this logo for our Production logo?

After all the hard-work I have put into the creation of this logo, I would like to hope so. However we as a group still need to create a few other designs, in order to show organisation and determination. Therefore all will be revealed in due course, whether or not we will use this logo in which i created.

I personally would also like to create feedback forms for our target audience, mainly so that my group and I can see which logo they would like us as a group to use. Of course we shall create a few more logos before we create and send off feedback forms.

Overall though, I must say that I am very happy with myself, especially seeing as I feel this logo is attractive and useful for our title sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment