Monday 12 December 2011

Journal - Week 3

This week in Media has been very busy. For example, my group and I have been completing a lot of planning and preparation for the creation of our title sequence.

During last Mondays lesson in Media, we began to brainstorm ideas and assign roles for each team member. For instance, we as a group came to the conclusion that we shall have at least three actors in our title sequence, and we hope that all three actors who shall act will be in our group. Personally, I am more than happy to act mainly because I am willing to do anything to make our title sequence a success.

This week we have also started and almost completed creating our typography styles as well. For example, our group has now mocked up two initial designs in which we really like. We feel so confident about our designs, that even during this early stage, we feel as if we should use these designs in our final title sequence.

During our lesson today in Media, we successfully began to storyboard our title sequence. Even though we only managed to storyboard our opening two shots, I still feel that we as a group are well on track in succeeding and achieving a good grade through the creation of our title sequence.

What we did well in Media this week?

This week in Media, I feel that we were extremely organised. For example, we managed to complete our typography design mock ups. In addition, the fact that we managed to start our storyboard is a great sign, especially seeing as there is only one other group who have got this far. This therefore proves that my group and I are doing really well.

What didn't we do well in Media this week?

I must admit that this week in Media, one thing in which we didn't manage to do was think of a definite director. As a group, we managed to shortlist down a few directors, however we still haven't decided at least one definite director. I believe that by deciding a director early, we would've been able to push ahead, and even be ahead of tasks. Although, we haven't decided on a director, I still strongly feel that we as a group are achieving and working to the best of our ability.

How can we become a better group?

I believe we can become a better group by having more methods of communication. For example, during this week, I struggled to get hold of a fellow group member mainly because they didn't provide me with any useful contact details. Therefore, I believe each group member needs to communicate with each other on a regular basis, in order to become a better and more sophisticated group.

What are we going to do this week in Media?

This week in Media, I hope that my group and I are able to complete our storyboards, as our title sequences storyboards are initially supposed to be due in by the end of the week. I do however strongly feel that my group and I will be able to finish our storyboards mainly because we are a hard-working group, and as long as we communicate with each other effectively, our storyboards shall be complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment